My favorite East Coast blogger, Heather of Diary of a Fanatic Foodie recently tagged me to reveal 7 random things about myself. I'm not sure if the world can take any more of my randomness, but given that we are in the thick of the season of overindulgence and excess, I'm going to take a chance that "the world" can handle another dose of my crazy. Just consider it an early Christmas/Hanukkah present... ;)
1. I cannot do a somersault. Partly due to fear of breaking my neck, and partly due to my ridiculously uncoordinated limbs.
2. One year for Christmas my dad gave my brothers and I toilet seats for each of the three bathrooms in our house. Worst present EVER. Even beats out the wooden boards he gave me when I was five years old for the dollhouse he planned to make me. Twenty years later, I'm still waiting for the dollhouse. (I'm not sure what happened to the boards...)
3. I own a Christian rock CD that I did not receive for free (or as a bad Christmas gift), and actually enjoy listening to it. (Especially when sitting in LA traffic.)
4. If given the choice between a cupcake and a bowl of fruit for a snack, I would choose the fruit. Not because I don't like cupcakes, but because I really really love fruit. (And apples don't make my stomach hurt.)
5. When I moved to LA I sincerely believed that someone big and important would "discover" me and cast me as the star and his/her movie/TV pilot.
6. Someday I want to move back to Orange County, California (with my exceedingly attractive husband who more or less resembles Eric Bana), get paid for my writing, and work part-time as an assistant High School cross-country/track couch or physical trainer.
7. I am newly obsessed with my roommate's immersion blender. It makes me want to blend everything.
As far as who I am tagging, I'm going to go ahead and skip that step. :) Instead, I'm going to reveal one last random thing...
8. The past few months of blogging about all things food-related has brought me more joy than anything the jolly fat man could wrap and put under Charlie, my roommate and my Christmas tree. I truly appreciate all the support (and kind comments) I have received from my friends, family and new blogger friends like Heather, Esi, Meg, Kirby, Mike, etc. Thank you for giving me a reason to run to my computer every morning.