Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Hot Chocolate

Most people take pictures of other people in compromising situations/poses at parties. I take pictures of peppermint schnapps hot chocolate.

But who can blame me? Look how cute it is!

I know my friend who accompanied me to the Christmas party last night is mocking me in his head right now, but I think he secretly found my enthusiasm for the warm beverage charming. Everybody with siblings knows that teasing is most often practiced for the sole purpose of eliciting a reaction.

I did not react.

Okay, maybe I reacted a little bit, but mostly to defend the adorableness of my hot toddy. The hosts of the party were pretty brilliant with this one -- a big ole pot of hot water, a canister of Nestle hot chocolate, a bottle of peppermint schnapps, a can of whip cream, and green and red sprinkles to decorate the top? GENIUS. It makes me want to go out and find little children who I can make hot chocolate for.

Of course, I'd have to leave out the schnapps. And even then their parents still might find the whole scenario a wee bit creepy. So I'll just post about it. And imagine that someone out there will be inspired to create their own holiday drink art.

Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!


Futile Sniffer said...

So festive! :)

Heather said...

so adorable and festive! love it :)

Esi said...

That's such a cute idea. You just made me giggle picturing you going up to kids and offering them hot chocolate :)

Ashley said...

Hey little kid... you want a chocolate from your Aunt Didi???


Ashley said...

However, I've been talking about this beverage for about a month. It reminds me of the NUXC date parties :)

Those were the days...

The Blonde Duck said...

Found your blog through Heather and wanted to say hi!

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Diana said...

Ashley - You and I both know, when it came to our date parties, we always dominated!

Susan - Thanks for the comment anf for stopping by! :) I'm so glad you've been enjoying the blog!