Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm Alive! (And Really Really Full)

Question: What happens when two foodies with raging appetites get together for three days and three nights?

Answer:

Lobster with sauteed mushrooms and potatoes at Bar Hayama


The French toast combo at Uncle Bill's Pancake House in Manhattan Beach

Chocolate macaron and "Britney" fleur de sel chocolate from Boule/
"Zen Moon" frostea from Dr. Teas

Burrata with grilled asparagus, brown butter, guanciale & Sicilian almonds from Osteria Mozza
Orecchiette with sausage & Swiss chard from Osteria Mozza
Mom's French toast from the Griddle Cafe

Details to come...

4 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Invite me over! Sussy for you on my Monday blog!

Heather said...

holy moley! i want to come on your next trip - this all looks amazing! i think my favorite is the burrata and asparagus, though. or the "mom's french toast". glad you had a nice weekend :)

Esi said...

Duuuuuude, you're killing me!!! Especially those Mozza delicacies. Glad you had a wonderful weekend!!!

Diana said...

Miranda - Thanks so much! I'll be sure to pass it along! :)

Heather - Haha, well if you ever come visit LA, I'll make you a foodie intinerary fit for a queen!

Esi - I saw Nancy Silverton while I was there! I was totally chef-struck!