Friday, February 27, 2009

Whoopie Pies and 6 Pound 14 Ounce Babies

I don't really want to talk about whoopie pies today. Not only did I just give up chocolate for Lent and don't desire to be reminded about what I can't eat for another six weeks, but I also have something else on my mind. Something that weighs six pounds and fourteen ounces and is named Addison.

Last night, at approximately 6:03 pm, my sister-in-law gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and I became an aunt. Or, as I hope to be called one day, an Auntie Didi. It was an amazing afternoon filled with excitement, some nerves when my family and I hadn't heard any updates for a while, and then an overwhelming sense of joy and awe when we finally saw little Addison for the first time. I know that everyone is always required to call newborns "cute" and "perfect" even if they are misshapen and ugly, but Addison actually is absurdly adorable considering she just made her exit from the womb. I can already tell she's my niece -- she spent half the time we were in the hospital room sticking out her pink little tongue. She's going to be a snarky one, just like her Auntie Didi (I will make that nickname happen)!

So why am I including a picture of Susie Cakes' famed chocolate whoopie pie on a post about the newest addition to my family? Because Addison is so cute I could just eat her up like this half a whoopie pie! Plus, little girls, like cookies, are made with sugar and spice and everything nice. I can't wait for my little niece to grow in some teeth so I can share one with her. I may even let her have the bigger half...

... if she cooperates and gives into calling me Auntie Didi...

9 comments:

Reeni♥ said...

How sweet!! Congratulations on becoming an Auntie!!

Alessandra said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Regardless of whether Addison picks up the nickname, MY children will definitely call you Auntie Didi!

Ashley said...

Ali - you got one coming soon????

Congrats from one auntie (Auntie Ashley - it works, you can do it!) to another!

Heather said...

congatulations!!! and these look good :)

Sara said...

Congrats Auntie Didi! Those whoopie pies look delicious.

Esi said...

Congratulations Auntie Didi.

I heard a rumor that you can break Lent fasting on Sunday.

I'm just sayin...

Diana said...

Aw thanks guys! :) Given how excited I am about all this, you'd think I was the one who gave birth! The world better watch out when a mini me pops out (years and years down the line...)!

The Duo Dishes said...

Congrats to you. :) This is such a cute little post!

Nicole said...

Congratulations Auntie Didi!!!!!

:) I was hoping you would blog about Addison! FUN!