Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Blogoversary!


I was a little disappointed when I discovered that the one year anniversary of my first "Diana Takes a Bite" post fell on a Sunday. Saturdays and Sundays are supposed to be my free days! The days when I can lounge about in my apartment in my old, threadbare pair of sweatpants and not feel guilty about watching "Sex and the City" reruns or Centerstage. Again.

It felt like a cheat. I didn't want to allocate any of my mindless TV-viewing time toward an activity that requires semi-intelligent thought. Or at least I didn't until I realized that because my blogoversary falls on a Sunday, I can celebrate it in a way that I wouldn't be able to on a week day when I am chained to a desk. I can make myself a fruity tea beverage. I can use the fancy margarita glasses and umbrellas that my friend Kyna gave me for my 21st birthday. And I can justify eating a huge plate of French toast and strawberries from the Griddle Cafe for brunch even though I have a wine and food pairing at Corkbar later today.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the one year anniversary of my food blog than through the overindulgent consumption of my favorite things. Including this refreshing pomegranate blueberry iced tea that I just exploded all over my kitchen. (Note to self: Use lower setting on the immersion blender next time.)

Pomegranate Blueberry Iced Tea

2 tablespoons 100% pomegranate juice (I used Pom Wonderful)
1 tablespoon Agave syrup
1 cup hot water
1 bag Tazo Berryblossom white tea
Crushed ice

Steep tea bag in hot water and let sit for approximately 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Mix with pomegranate juice, agave syrup and ice. Blend or serve as is -- preferably in a fancy glass with an umbrella. (Thanks Kyna!)

11 comments:

Kirby! said...

CONGRATS!!! How exciting. That's great that you remembered: I totally didn't even realize my blog had turned one until like 2 months after the fact, so I didn't even do anything. SAD!

Daily Gluttony said...

Happy Blogoversary Diana! Here's to many more years of delicious food posts! :)

Heather said...

mmmm. happy blogiversary!!! the tea sounds yummy :) i love that you put it in margarita glasses!

Sara said...

Happy blogiversary!

Tokyoastrogirl said...

Hey Diana,

Happy Blogaversary! I really enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to many more posts:).

The Duo Dishes said...

Many congrats! The year must fly so fast. You're doing such a great job, and we look forward to more of your posts. Glad we found your blog too!

Reeni♥ said...

Happy Blogoversary! What a delicious drink to celebrate!

Diana said...

Thank you thank you! :) I feel so blessed that I have met all of you through this silly little food blog of mine. Makes all the expensive ingredients and kitchen disasters worth while!

Futile Sniffer said...

Happy Blogoversary! Many more! :)

Esi said...

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY! Woo! It's been so fun getting to know you over the past few months and what a nice way to celebrate. I just tried that Tazo white tea for the first time the other day. Love that you mixed it with Pom!

Pepsi Monster said...

Happy Blogoverary baby!