Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownies: Good, and that's all I have to say about that

I'm not gonna lie, I was reaaally excited about my greedy gobbler Riva post yesterday. As soon as my friend Hank logged on to AIM yesterday, I immediately bombarded him with the following instant message.

"I posted about Riva!"

He promptly signed off.

Approximately an hour and a half later, I tried again.

I lured him in with an engaging opener about churros (specifically Xooro that will be opening a location on Melrose in WeHo this coming Monday), and then I brought it up again.

"Did you read my Riva post?"

"Yes." He responded. "I thought it was too long, but liked seeing the tasty pizza."

I immediately balked at his criticism -- too long? Nobody ever critisized Tolstoy for Anna Karenina's length!

"Well there was a lot of food to discuss!" I protested. "I couldn't exactly cut out a course!"

"I think you need to make harder choices about which things are the most important." He clarified.

"But all the food was important. It would be like leaving out words in a sentence. Or notes in a symphony. Or not wearing pants!" I typed back, desperately trying to prove him wrong.

At this juncture, the conversation went off on a completely unrelated tangent, but his words did linger in the back of my head for the rest of the day. I reviewed my most recent posts and realized that I have become a bit overly verboise in my enthusiasm to describe every inch of my dining experiences. While rambling is one of my favorite pasttimes, it isn't much fun for the person on the other end of the rambling.

Today, I am going to keep things short. There isn't really anything for me to prattle on about with regards to this recipe for peanut butter brownies that I found on Two Peas and Their Pod. They are fudgy, but not overly dense, and so chock full of peanut butter goodness that I almost developed a nut allergy ingesting one.

Well, not really. I'm not sure how that could be possible, but the point is that they are really peanut buttery and I'd probably cut the pb back a bit if/when I make these again. Either way, they are good because they have chocolate and sugar and mini peanut butter cups in them and those things generally go well together. Especially when smothered in vanilla ice cream.

Recipe for chocolate peanut butter brownies can be found here.


Elra said...

Diana, you are really killing me with this goodie. Sounds like the ultimate brownies! Yummmmmm

Gastronomer said...

Keep writing. Don't be self conscious. It's better that way ;-)

Reeni♥ said...

I like your posts and your stories! You paint the entire picture for me and make me feel like I'm there with you. You don't need to change anything!

Just say peanut butter in the vicinity of the word dessert and I swoon. This is heavenly!

Jenn said...

Just keep doing what you've been doing. I like reading what you post. It's letting the reader image that they are actually there. At least for me it does.

Who could say no to that brownie? With the scoops of ice cream and the mini reese on top. That's just that bonus.

Diana said...

Elra - It was pretty awesome. Though very rich!

Gastronomer - Thank you! I think I will! I like rambling much better than short and to the point.

Reeni - I swoon at pb too! Thanks for the kind words -- you don't have to tell me twice to keep things lengthy!

Jenn - I'm so glad you feel that way -- makes me much less self-conscious!

The Duo Dishes said...

This would be gone in a flash. Why? Because peanut butter is delicious. And so is chocolate. The end.

Esi said...

I have an unhealthy obsession with those mini peanut butter cups! So crazy that I arrived here after checking out a recipe for chocolate and peanut blondies. The universe is speaking to me!

The Blonde Duck said...

If only I wasn't allergic to chocolate...

And your friend, I'm sorry to say, is mistaken. Men don't like to read anyway. Ben only reads my blog when there's pictures.

Pearl said...

brownies = good; peanut butter = good
brownies + peanut butter = orgasm.

Maria said...

Yea! I am so glad you liked them! They are really easy and oh so good!

Futile Sniffer said...


I think food isn't meant to be eaten in silence and similarily blogging about food shouldn't be terse. Keep eating and talking, Diana! :)

Diana said...

Chrystal & Amir – They were gone in a flash! Between the six members of my family, we almost ate the entire thing that first night!

Esi – They are so amazing! I love them cold and mushed into my jello chocolate pudding cups for dessert.

Miranda – Haha, pictures of food?

Pearl – I know, right? Ms. Maria is on to something with these treats!

Maria – We loved them – gobbled the whole batch up in 2 days!

Meg – Agreed! Don’t worry, I’ll keep the overabundance of words flowing.

Erica said...

WOW! This looks freaking incredible. Love the mini cups on top

Kirby! said...

Wow wow wowzers

finsmom said...

Yum! That looks like my kind of dessert!