Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Food Trucks for Haiti

If I were a different person – the type who would find a mass congregation of food trucks serving eclectic cuisine exciting – I would plan my entire day around the Food Trucks for Haiti event to take place this Saturday, January 23rd from 11 am to 4 pm at the TLofts in West Los Angeles.

As it is, I still might.

But not because I’ve suddenly changed my personality or anything. I still don’t like eating my lunch on a curb, I still prefer using utensils rather than my fingers, and I still favor light salads and sandwiches to short rib tacos and paneer frankies, but… a good cause is a good cause.

Plus, rumor on the street is that Dainty Cakes will be making an appearance…

Cupcakes on the curb for charity?

This I can do.

Hope you can too.

Food Trucks for Haiti
Saturday, January 23, 2010
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

11500 Tennessee Avenue (Olympic and Butler)
Los Angeles, CA 90064

*Participating trucks include: India Jones Chow Truck, The Grilled Cheese Truck, Nom Nom, Don Chow Tacos, Buttermilk Truck, Asian Soul Kitchen, Slice Truck, Fishlips Sushi, Get Shaved, Dosa Truck, Barbie's Q, South Philly Experience, Vesuvio, LA FuXion, Calbi BBQ, King Kone, The Sweets Truck, Del’s Frozen Lemonade, Dainty Cakes LA, Flying Pig…

*All of the participating trucks are giving a portion of the day’s proceeds to the Red Cross with TLofts, CityView and the principals of Lee Homes also pledging financial assistance. Red Cross representatives will be on hand to accept donations as well.


Jenn said...

Cool. I'll definitely try to stop by for some grub for a good cause.

The Duo Dishes said...

We'll both miss this, which is unfortunate. :(

Kinor said...

Good job. It's better to place there some food trucks instead of giving food away. Their use of the free food should would be irresponsible and unhealthy..

truck rental

boulevardsg said...

Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.
Alfresco Bars in Singapore

Jack Witson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David John said...

I am interested in this topic and would like to find out some more information as my friend need information on this topic. This is good content thank you for sharing it.
singapore limousine