Friday, May 21, 2010

Roasted Almonds with Lemon and Salt

Just in case there was a pervading concern that I only fed my parents and brother bacon-wrapped dates for "Happy Hour" last Friday evening, those concerns can now be laid to rest.

I also made these lemon almonds.

They tasted like lemon almonds.

With salt.

I consider this a very good thing.

Roasted Almonds w/ Lemon and Salt
Adapted from Health magazine via
Serve 4

1 cup unblanched almonds
½ cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Preheat oven to 350°. Soak nuts in juice for 30 minutes. Remove nuts with a slotted spoon. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes so they don’t burn on the bottom like mind did a little bit (oops). Place the nuts in a large bowl; toss with salt and oil. Return nuts to baking sheet, and bake an additional 10 minutes longer (stirring once), or until lightly browned. Remove sheet from oven, toss almonds with lemon zest and let cool on pan.


Anna A. said...

I buy packaged lemon almonds, but maybe it's for some DIYA alla TALF magic.

Ashley said...

farmers market inspiration - nice work.

Esi said...

I think these would be a very addictive snack

Diana said...

Anna - They were less lemony than the ones I tried at the Farmer's Market (my inspiration for the app), but still very tasty!

Ashley - Thank you, thank you very much. ;)

Esi - Agreed. Which is why I sent the rest home with my mom and dad. :)