Tuesday, October 12, 2010

K&L Wine Tasting: “Argentine Wines from Face to Face Importers”

As much as I enjoyed tasting wines and spending every second of a three-day weekend with my parents and brother in Napa for my dad’s birthday, by the time I arrived home that Sunday night, my palate was parched for something different than the classic California Cabernet Sauvignons and Chardonnays we’d been sipping. The two varietals rank near the bottom of my preferred wine list and recently, I’ve been finding that many of my favorite pours are from locations outside the US.

I love a peppery Barbera from Italy, adore the Sancerre and Rosés from France, and am practically giddy when presented with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand or Australia. As someone who has never been outside of the country, in my mind, drinking International wines is a way of travelling with my tongue. It feels exotic – like I am experiencing the country through its grapes.

This Thursday night, I’ll be experiencing Argentina’s grapes at K&L in Hollywood for a special tasting with wines from Face to Face Importers. Face to Face is committed to hand-picking quality wines that are also a good value for their consumers. I can’t wait to marinate my mouth with some Malbec. I hope you’ll consider doing a little International travelling with me on Thursday too.

“Argentine Wines from Face to Face Importers”
Thursday, October 14th
5:30 pm – 7 pm
Cost: $5

K&L Wine Merchants
1400 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90027
(323) 464-9463

1 comment:

yutjangsah said...

Hmmm you make me want to travel via wine bottle Diana the travel agent.